Professor and Undergraduate Coordinator
- Weaver Administration Bldg 108
- View CV
University of Georgia, Agricultural Engineering
Bioprocess engineering, and development of automated sensing and control systems. Specific efforts have been targeted at the development of automated methods for determining fishery product quality and the development of alternative fishery product processing systems.
- Three-dimensional simulation of ultrasound-induced microalgal cell disruption
- Wang, M. and Yuan, W. and Hale, A. (2016), Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 178(6), 1184-1195.
- Detection and quantification of species authenticity and adulteration in crabmeat using visible and near-infrared spectroscopy
- Gayo, J. and Hale, S. A. (2007), Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 55(3), 585-592.
- Quantitative analysis and detection of adulteration in crab meat using visible and near-infrared spectroscopy
- Gayo, J. and Hale, S. A. and Blanchard, S. M. (2006), Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 54(4), 1130-1136.
- Electronic nose analysis of tilapia storage
- Dodd, T. H. and Hale, S. A. and Blanchard, S. M. (2004), Transactions of the ASAE, 47(1), 135-140.
- Effects of retorting and storage on liquid mass transfer in canned skipjack (Katsuwonas pelamis) muscle
- Bell, J. W. and Farkas, B. E. and Hale, S. A. and Lanier, T. C. (2002), Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, 26(4), 267-278.
- Precooking and cooling of skipjack tuna (Katsuwonas pelamis): A numerical simulation
- Zhang, J. and Farkas, B. E. and Hale, S. A. (2002), Lebensmittel-Wissenchaft + Technologie = Food Science + Technology, 35(7), 607.
- Thermal properties of skipjack tuna (Katsuwonus pelamis)
- Zhang, J. R. and Farkas, B. E. and Hale, S. A. (2001), International Journal of Food Properties, 4(1), 81-90.
- Detection of discoloration in thermally processed blue crab meat
- Requena, D. D. and Hale, S. A. and Green, D. P. and McClure, W. F. and Farkas, B. E. (1999), Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 79(5), 786-791.
- Modeling the temperature effect on the flow behavior of sweet potato puree
- Kyereme, M. and Hale, S. A. and Farkas, B. E. (1999), Journal of Food Process Engineering, 22(3), 235-247.
- Long-term nutrient land water utilization during micropropagation of cattleya on a liquid/membrane system
- Adelberg, J. W. and Desamero, N. V. and Hale, S. A. and Young, R. E. (1997), Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture, 48(1), 1-7.
- Precision Agriculture Technologies for Cotton Production in North Carolina
- Cotton, Inc.(1/01/12 - 12/31/18)
- Modeling Airflow in the Brooks Gasification Process
- US Dept. of Agriculture (USDA)(3/01/12 - 9/30/12)
- Real Time Sensors to Determine Nitrogen Requirements for Corn
- Corn Growers Association of NC, Inc.(2/01/09 - 1/31/13)