Professor and Undergraduate Coordinator
- Weaver Administration Bldg 108
- View CV
University of Georgia, Agricultural Engineering
Bioprocess engineering, and development of automated sensing and control systems. Specific efforts have been targeted at the development of automated methods for determining fishery product quality and the development of alternative fishery product processing systems.
- Detection and quantification of species authenticity and adulteration in crabmeat using visible and near-infrared spectroscopy
- Gayo, J., & Hale, S. A. (2007), Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 55(3), 585-592.
- Quantitative analysis and detection of adulteration in crab meat using visible and near-infrared spectroscopy
- Gayo, J., Hale, S. A., & Blanchard, S. M. (2006), Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 54(4), 1130-1136.
- Electronic nose analysis of tilapia storage
- Dodd, T. H., Hale, S. A., & Blanchard, S. M. (2004), Transactions of the ASAE, 47(1), 135-140.
- Precooking and cooling of skipjack tuna (Katsuwonas pelamis): A numerical simulation
- Zhang, J., Farkas, B. E., & Hale, S. A. (2002), Lebensmittel-Wissenchaft + Technologie = Food Science + Technology, 35(7), 607.
- Effects of retorting and storage on liquid mass transfer in canned skipjack (Katsuwonas pelamis) muscle
- Bell, J. W., Farkas, B. E., Hale, S. A., & Lanier, T. C. (2002), Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, 26(4), 267-278.
- Thermal properties of skipjack tuna (Katsuwonus pelamis)
- Zhang, J. R., Farkas, B. E., & Hale, S. A. (2001), International Journal of Food Properties, 4(1), 81-90.
- Modeling the temperature effect on the flow behavior of sweet potato puree
- Kyereme, M., Hale, S. A., & Farkas, B. E. (1999), Journal of Food Process Engineering, 22(3), 235-247.
- Detection of discoloration in thermally processed blue crab meat
- Requena, D. D., Hale, S. A., Green, D. P., McClure, W. F., & Farkas, B. E. (1999), Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 79(5), 786-791.
- Long-term nutrient land water utilization during micropropagation of cattleya on a liquid/membrane system
- Adelberg, J. W., Desamero, N. V., Hale, S. A., & Young, R. E. (1997), Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture, 48(1), 1-7.
- Precision Agriculture Technologies for Cotton Production in North Carolina
- Cotton, Inc.(1/01/12 - 12/31/17)
- Modeling Airflow in the Brooks Gasification Process
- US Dept. of Agriculture (USDA)(3/01/12 - 9/30/12)
- Real Time Sensors to Determine Nitrogen Requirements for Corn
- Corn Growers Association of NC, Inc.(2/01/09 - 1/31/13)