Biological and Agricultural
Agricultural Waste Management
278 Weaver Labs
Box 7625, NCSU
Raleigh, NC 27695-7625
Phone: (919) 513-9797
Fax: (919) 515-7760
Veronica Mbaneme receives ASABE Superior Paper Award (2013) for her Master's research.
Dr. Kolar looks over the work of his doctoral student in the well-equipped Weaver Labs environmental analysis lab.
Kolar is currently an Assistant Professor-Agricultural Waste Management, in the Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering, North Carolina State University, Raleigh. Praveen Kolar has a bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering (Sri Venkateswara University, India), masters' degrees in Aquacultural Engineering and Biological and Agricultural Engineering (Indian Institute of Technology and Louisiana State University) and a Ph.D in Biological and Agricultural Engineering from the University of Georgia. He had also worked for seven years in aquaculture industry in India, during which, his responsibilities were aquaculture water quality management, processing of seafood, and feed distribution. His current research interests include conversion of agricultural wastes into energy and value added products including heterogeneous catalysts and adsorbents. Kolar teaches courses in Food Process Engineering and Heterogeneous Catalysis.
He has professional memberships in the Institute of Biological Engineering (IBE) and the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE).
- Grants and Contracts
- Catalytic Conversion of Animal Manure into Biochar and Liquid Oils
- Catalytic Oxidation of Lignin Into Value-Added Aromatics - CBERD Core Project
- Removal of Volatile Organic Compounds from Swine Facilities via Adsorption: Technical and Economical Evaluation
- Manure Belt Collection System and Energy Recovery System
- Modeling Airflow in the Brooks Gasification Process
- Spawning Activity of Mud Minnows (Fundulus heteroclitis) in Tank-based Systems for the Production of Baitfi
- BAE 322
- BAE 590/495
Engineering Information and Games for Students
Engineer Your Life
Engineering Go for It
Greatest Engineering Achievements
Grand Challenges for Engineering
Sightseer’s Guide to Engineering
Engineering A World of Difference
Activities and Lesson Plans for Parents and Educators
Engineering Go For It
Zoom into Engineering
TeachEngineering Digital Library
Changing the Conversation