Regenerative Stormwater Conveyance, Swales, and Bio-Swales
We will send an announcement email when our 2021 schedule is available.
If you have not done so already, we recommend joining our mailing list to be notified when new workshops become available.
Each workshop is unique. The information below is provided for general information about the workshop. Please reference the registration website for specific information about the individual workshop.
About the Workshop
Channel conveyance is an important part of stormwater design and management. Three vegetation based channel conveyances will be discussed at this workshop: swales, bio-swales, and regenerative stormwater conveyance (bio-filtration channels). An overview of each practice, design considerations based on NC State research, and spreadsheet design tool (for swales and bio-swales) will be presented.
Who Should Attend
This course is recommended for the following groups of individuals:
- Commercial Landscapers
- Maintenance Professionals
- Professionals with Licensure (PE’s, PLA’s)
- Plan reviewers
- Nutrient Bankers/Traders
- Municipal and County Landscape Personnel
Registration Fee Information
In-Person Registration Fee – $250.00
Online Webinar Registration Fee – $100.00
Registration fee includes boxed lunch and workshop materials.
We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express for payment of your registration fee. Or you may send us a check made payable to NCSU – BAE. Mail to:
Campus Box 7625
Raleigh, NC 27695
Attn: Workshop Coordinators
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Cancellation requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing. The cancellation request must be submitted at least thirty-one (31) days before the date of the workshop to receive a full refund. Cancellation requests made between thirty (30) days and eight (8) days before the date of the workshop will receive a full refund minus a $25 administrative processing fee. Any cancellation requests made on or within seven (7) days of the workshop will be ineligible for a refund.
Attendee substitutions from within the same company may be made at any time at no cost. Please send an email to email@example.com with the name of the current registrant and the name and email address of the new registrant.
Severe Weather Cancellation and Refund Policy
In the event of severe weather, this workshop may be postponed or canceled at the discretion of the workshop instructors and coordinators. If the workshop is postponed, you may receive a refund if you are unable to attend the newly scheduled date, time, and location. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to attend the rescheduled workshop. If the workshop is canceled, you will receive a full refund. If the workshop is postponed or canceled, the workshop instructors and coordination staff are not responsible for participants not meeting their PDHs or CEUs requirements with their various professional licensing boards.
Please visit the registration website for lodging specific to the workshop’s location or visit the Hotel Suggestions by City webpage to view suggested hotels.
Please view the registration website for current schedules.
Professional Development Hours
Based on previous workshops, it is estimated that the following professional development hours will be awarded after the successful completion of the workshop. A certificate of attendance will be emailed after the workshop, listing these PDHs:
- Regenerative Stormwater Conveyance Webinar:
- 1.5 PDHs for professional engineers and land surveyors, approved by the NC Board of Examiners for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors.
- 1.5 PDHs for landscape architects, approved by the NC Board of Landscape Architects, course #14509
- TBD PDHs for landscape contractors, approved by the NC Landscape Contractors’ Licensing Board, course #TBD
- Swales & Bio-Swales Webinar:
- 1.5 PDHs for professional engineers and land surveyors approved by the NC Board of Examiners for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors.
- 1.5 PDHs for landscape architects, approved by the NC Board of Landscape Architects, course #14510
- 1L PDHs for landscape contractors, approved by the NC Landscape Contractors’ Licensing Board, course #1837
Other professionals may appeal to their respective boards to obtain professional education credits.