Biological Systems Engineering
Biological and Agricultural Engineering
Louisiana State University
Punjab Agricultural University, India
animal feed formulation, Animal housing ventilation, air quality and emissions, agricultural building energy and temperature controls, solar energy
Honors and Awards
- Special Specialist Award, 2006
- Robert W. Bottcher Promising Researcher Award, 2004
- Faculty Research and Professional Development Award, 2004
- WVU Extension Service Outstanding Developing Researcher Award, 2002
- N2O emission and nitrogen transformation in chicken manure and biochar co-composting
- Jia, X., Wang, M., Yuan, W., Shah, S., Shi, W., Meng, X., Ju, X., & Yang, B. (2016), Transactions of the ASABE, 59(5), 1277-1283.
- Performance analysis of a poultry engineering chamber complex for animal environment, air quality, and welfare studies
- Shivkumar, A. P., Wang-Li, L., Shah, S. B., Stikeleather, L. F., & Fuentes, M. (2016), Transactions of the ASABE, 59(5), 1371-1382.
- Transpired solar wall for tempering air in a swine nursery in a humid subtropical climate
- Shah, S.B., Marshall, T.K., & Matthis, S. (2016), Applied Engineering in Agriculture, 32, 115-123.
- Removal of ammonia and airborne culturable bacteria by proof-of-concept windbreak wall with slightly acidic electrolyzed water spray for a layer breeding house
- Zheng, W., Li, Z., Shah, S., & Li, B. (2016), Applied Engineering in Agriculture, 32(3), 393-399.
- Development of MOS sensor-based NH3 monitor for use in poultry houses
- Lin, T. H., Shah, S. B., Wang-Li, L. J., Oviedo-Rondoon, E. O., & Post, J. (2016), Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 127, 708-715.
- Avocado seed-derived activated carbon for mitigation of aqueous ammonium
- Zhu, Y. Y., Kolar, P., Shah, S. B., Cheng, J. J., & Lim, P. K. (2016), Industrial Crops and Products, 92, 34-41.
- Calcined eggshell as an inexpensive catalyst for partial oxidation of methane
- Karoshi, G., Kolar, P., Shah, S. B., Gilleskie, G., & Das, L. (2015), Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers, 57, 123-128.
- Biofiltration of ammonia and GHGs from swine gestation barn pit exhaust
- Hood, M. C., Shah, S. B., Kolar, P., Li, L. W., & Stikeleather, L. (2015), Transactions of the ASABE, 58(3), 771-782.
- Acidifier application rate impacts on ammonia emissions from US roaster chicken houses
- Shah, S. B., Grimes, J. L., Oviedo-Rondon, E. O., & Westerman, P. W. (2014), Atmospheric Environment, 92, 576-583.
- Transpired solar collector duct for tempering air in North Carolina turkey brooder barn and swine nursery
- Love, C. D., Shah, S. B., Grimes, J. L., & Willits, D. W. (2014), Solar Energy, 102, 308-317.
- Evaluating hen behavior and physiological stressors during VSD for the development of humane methodologies for mass depopulation during a disease outbreak
- United States Poultry & Egg Association(11/01/15 - 2/01/17)
- LOW-COST SOLAR HEATER FOR POULTRY BARNS
- United States Poultry & Egg Association(11/01/15 - 1/01/17)
- Combined Heat Recovery and Ammonia Control System for Broiler Brooding
- United States Poultry & Egg Association(1/01/15 - 9/01/17)
- Engineered windbreak wall - Negetative Strip System to Reduce Pollutant and Odor Emissions from Mechanically-Ventilated Broiler and Swine Barns
- US Dept. of Agriculture - Natural Resources Conservation Service (USDA NRCS)(9/29/14 - 9/30/17)
- NOVEL SOLAR HEAT STORAGE SYSTEM
- NCSU Research and Innovation Seed Funding Program(1/01/14 - 12/31/14)
- Develop and Test Ammonia - Oxygen Monitoring System For Poultry Houses
- United States Poultry & Egg Association(1/01/14 - 4/01/15)
- The Impact of Pad Cooling on Barn Environment, Finishing Pig Performance and Producer Profitability
- National Pork Board(3/15/13 - 10/31/16)
- Retrofitting a Naturally-Ventilated Hog Finishing Barn with a Geothermal Zone-Cooling System
- NC Pork Council(1/01/12 - 9/30/13)
- Removal of Volatile Organic Compounds from Swine Facilities via Adsorption: Technical and Economical Evaluation
- National Pork Board(5/01/12 - 4/30/13)
- Poultry Litter BMP Extension & Subsurface Application Technology Evaluation
- US Dept. of Agriculture (USDA)(9/08/10 - 12/31/12)