University Faculty Scholar
- D S Weaver Labs 186
- View CV
Lingjuan Wang-Li is a Professor of Biological and Agricultural Engineering Department at North Carolina State University. She began her studies in China with a B.S. in cotton engineering and earned her M.S. and Ph.D. from Texas A&M University in Biological and Agricultural Engineering. She specializes in air quality engineering and animal housing environmental control. Much of her research addresses various aspects of air emission problems associated with animal feeding operations (AFOs). In addition to research, Dr. Wang-Li also teaches an undergraduate course in animal housing and environmental management and a graduate course in “Aerosol Science & Engineering”.
Dr. Wang-Li was appointed to the USDA Agricultural Air Quality Task Force (AAQTF) in 2013 and have served on the Task Force from 2013-2017. She was a recipient of a 2010 National Science Foundation (NSF) Career Award in Environmental Engineering. She served as the PI of Southeast Layer Operation for the National Air Emissions Monitoring Study (NAEM) overseen by the USEPA under the “Air Quality Compliance for Animal Feeding Operations. Dr. Wang-Li is a member of American Society of Agricultural & Biological Engineers (ASABE), Association of Environmental Engineering & Science Professors (AEESP), Air & Waste Management Association (AWMA), International Commission of Agricultural and Biosystem Engineering (CIGR). She was the President (2009-2010) of Association of Overseas Chinese Agricultural, Biological and Food Engineers (AOCABFE), the Editor-in-Chief (2005-2008) of the CIGR Ejournal; Chair (2007-2008) of S1025 USDA Multi-State Research Committee on “Systems for Controlling Air Emissions and Indoor Environments of Poultry, Swine, and Dairy Facilities”.
Dr. Wang-Li’s research program has been well-funded by USDA, NSF, EPA and industrial sectors in three general directions (1) air quality engineering; (2) animal housing environmental control and management; (3) sustainable animal production and animal well-being.
On this page you can find a select list of Dr. Wang-Li’s publication. View a comprehensive listing of grants, peer reviewed journal publications, and conference papers & presentations here.
Biological and Agricultural Engineering
Texas A&M University
Texas A&M University
Anhui Institute of Finance & Trade, P. R.
Three research directions: (1) Air quality engineering (monitoring, modeling & mitigating air emissions and associated fate and transport of the emissions); (2) Animal housing environmental control and management; (3) Sustainable animal production and animal well being
Honors and Awards
- University Faculty Scholar, 2015
- 2013-2017 USDA_NRCS Agricultural Air Quality Task Force, 2013
- International of Commission of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering (CIGR), Merit Award, 2010
- Biofiltration of ammonia and GHGs from swine gestation barn pit exhaust
- Hood, M. C., Shah, S. B., Kolar, P., Li, L. W., & Stikeleather, L. (2015), Transactions of the ASABE, 58(3), 771–782. https://doi.org/10.13031/trans.58.10949
- Insights to the formation of secondary inorganic PM2.5: Current knowledge and future needs
- Lingjuan, W. L. (2015), International Journal of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, 8(2), 1–13.
- Techniques for characterization of particulate matter emitted from animal feeding operations
- Lingjuan, W. L. (2013), Evaluating veterinary pharmaceutical behavior in the environment, 1126, 15–39.
- The national air emissions monitoring study's southeast layer site: Part I. Site characteristics and monitoring methodology
- Wang-Li, L., Li, Q. F., Wang, K., Bogan, B. W., Ni, J. Q., Cortus, E. L., & Heber, A. J. (2013), Transactions of the ASABE, 56(3), 1157–1171.
- The national air emissions monitoring study's southeast layer site: Part II. Particulate matter
- Li, Q. F., Wang-Li, L., Wang, K., Chai, L., Cortus, E. L., Kilic, I., … Heber, A. J. (2013), Transactions of the ASABE, 56(3), 1173–1184.
- The national air emissions monitoring study's southeast layer site: Part III. Ammonia concentrations and emissions
- Wang-Li, L., Li, Q. F., Chai, L., Cortus, E. L., Wang, K., Kilic, I., … Heber, A. J. (2013), Transactions of the ASABE, 56(3), 1185–1197.
- The national air emissions monitoring study's southeast layer site: Part IV. Effects of farm management
- Li, Q. F., Wang-Li, L., Bogan, B. W., Wang, K., Chai, L., Ni, J. Q., & Heber, A. J. (2013), Transactions of the ASABE, 56(3), 1199–1209.
- Ammonia emissions from broiler cake stockpiled in a naturally ventilated shed
- Yao, H., Shah, S. B., Willits, D. H., Westerman, P. W., Li, L. W., & Marshall, T. K. (2011), Transactions of the ASABE, 54(5), 1893–1904. https://doi.org/10.13031/2013.39830
- Using Electrostatic Precipitator to Improve Indoor Air Quality in Cage-Free Layer Houses
- United States Poultry & Egg Association(8/01/20 - 12/31/22)
- FACT: Pigs, Poultry, the Planet, and Data-driven Problem Solving (P4)
- US Dept. of Agriculture (USDA) - National Institute of Food and Agriculture(2/15/19 - 2/14/24)
- Fate, Transport and Transformation of Ammonia Emissions from Animal Feeding Operations and Their Impacts on Air-Soil Health
- National Science Foundation (NSF)(8/15/18 - 7/31/21)
- Mitigating Environmental Stress for Enhanced Broiler Production Performance and Welfare
- US Dept. of Agriculture (USDA) - National Institute of Food and Agriculture(3/01/17 - 2/28/21)
- Engineered windbreak wall - Negetative Strip System to Reduce Pollutant and Odor Emissions from Mechanically-Ventilated Broiler and Swine Barns
- US Dept. of Agriculture - Natural Resources Conservation Service (USDA NRCS)(9/29/14 - 12/31/18)
- Develop and Test Ammonia - Oxygen Monitoring System For Poultry Houses
- United States Poultry & Egg Association(1/01/14 - 4/01/15)
- Create eLearning in NIFA Challenge Areas to Transform Education of Controlled Environment Animal Production (eCEAP) for Sustainability
- US Dept. of Agriculture (USDA) - National Institute of Food and Agriculture(1/01/14 - 8/31/18)
- Low Cost Ammonia Monitor for Agricultural Emissions
- US Dept. of Agriculture (USDA) - National Institute of Food and Agriculture(7/01/12 - 6/30/13)
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) workshop: Bioaerosol Measurements in Animal Environments
- US Dept. of Agriculture (USDA)(11/15/10 - 12/31/11)
- SYSTEMS APPROACH TO REDUCE AMMONIA AND PARTICULATE EMISSIONS FROM POULTRY PRODUCTION FACILITIES
- US Dept. of Agriculture (USDA)(7/01/10 - 6/30/13)