- D S Weaver Labs 119
Specialist in the area of animal wast management, researching alternative manure treatment technologies.
- Carbon dioxide system for on-farm euthanasia of pigs in small groups
- Rice, M., Baird, C., Stikeleather, L., Morrow, W. E. M., & Meyer, R. (2014), Journal of Swine Health and Production, 22(5), 248–254.
- Evaluation of carbon dioxide administration for on-site mass depopulation of swine in response to animal health emergencies
- Meyer, R. E., Morrow, W. E. M., Stikeleather, L. F., Baird, C. L., Rice, J. M., Byrne, H., … Styles, D. K. (2014), Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, 244(8), 924–933. https://doi.org/10.2460/javma.244.8.924
- Effect of physical and inhaled euthanasia methods on hormonal measures of stress in pigs
- Meyer, R. E., Whitley, J. T., Morrow, W. E. M., Stikeleather, L. F., Baird, C. L., Rice, J. M., … Whisnant, C. S. (2013), Journal of Swine Health and Production, 21(5), 261–269.
- Design and evaluation of a discreet sampler for waste treatment lagoons
- Classen, J. J., Rice, J. M., McNeill, J. P., & Simmons, O. D. (2011), Applied Engineering in Agriculture, 27(6), 1007–1014.
- Effect of a metabolic stimulant on ammonia volatilization from broiler litter
- Shah, S. B., Baird, C. L., & Rice, J. M. (2007), Journal of Applied Poultry Research, 16(2), 240–247. https://doi.org/10.1093/japr/16.2.240
- The effects of vermicompost on field turnips and rainfall runoff
- Classen, J. J., Rice, J. M., & Sherman, R. (2007), Compost Science & Utilization, 15(1), 34–39.
- Solid-liquid separation of swine manure with polymer treatment and sand filtration
- Vanotti, M. B., Rice, J. M., Ellison, A. Q., Hunt, P. G., Humenik, F. J., & Baird, C. L. (2005), Transactions of the ASAE, 48(4), 1567–1574.
- Environmentally superior technologies for swine waste management
- Humenik, F. J., Rice, J. M., Baird, C. L., & Koelsch, R. (2004), Water Science and Technology, 49(5), 15–21.
- Evaluation of a permeable, 5 cm thick, polyethylene foam lagoon cover
- Miner, J. R., Humenik, F. J., Rice, J. M., Rashash, D. M. C., Williams, C., Robarge, W., … Sheffield, R. (2003), Transactions of the ASAE, 46(5), 1421–1426. https://doi.org/10.13031/2013.15442
- Ammonia volatilization from constructed wetlands that treat swine wastewater
- Poach, M. E., Hunt, P. G., Sadler, E. J., Matheny, T. A., Johnson, M. H., Stone, K. C., … Rice, J. M. (2002), Transactions of the ASAE, 45(3), 619–627.
- Potential for Integrating Swine Lagoon Sludge into N.C. Bioenergy Sector
- NC Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services(3/30/19 - 12/01/20)
- Evaluation of Advanced Composting's Aerated Composting Process Modified with a Grinder/Mixer Process Prior to Introducing the Mortality Carcasses and Carbon Material to the Compost Bin
- Advanced Composting Technologies, LLC(7/09/18 - 12/03/18)
- Urea Recovery and Urease Inhibition from Pilot Scale Scraper System
- Precision Fabricating & Cleaning Co.(3/01/17 - 8/15/21)
- Ammonia Recovery from Swine Wastewater with Selective Membrane Technology
- US Dept. of Agriculture (USDA)(9/20/12 - 8/31/16)
- Manure Belt Collection System and Energy Recovery System
- US Dept. of Agriculture (USDA)(9/22/10 - 9/30/15)
- Coordinated Analysis to Facilitate Technology Transfer to Meet Emission Requirements for Next Generation Livestock and Poultry Production Facilities
- US Dept. of Agriculture (USDA)(7/01/09 - 6/30/12)
- Technical Evaluation of Vermiculture Composting as a Cost Share Element of the Conservation Innovation Grant
- NatureWorks Organics(11/03/08 - 7/31/11)
- Nitrogen Dynamics in Covered Swine Lagoons
- NC Pork Council(7/01/08 - 9/30/10)
- Comprehensive Environmental Assessments and Nutrient Management Plans for Livestock Operations
- US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)(10/01/07 - 9/30/12)
- Pilot Project for Value-Added Product Development from Solid Waste Generated on Swine Farms
- NC Dept. of Natural & Cultural Resources formerly NC Dept of Env. & Natural Resources (DENR)(1/15/07 - 6/30/09)