- Weaver Administration 209
As member of the Stream Restoration Program (SRP), specific design, implementation and research areas include Watershed Restoration, Ecological Engineering and River Restoration. Current research efforts include evaluating natural and restored channel adjustments; quantifying and evaluating stream functions and uplift at reference quality and restored sites, water quality treatment capabilities of Regenerative Stormwater Conveyance Systems in heavy agricultural environments, nutrient processing in restored streams, innovative grade controls to restore incised urban streams, flood mitigation modeling and using analytical tools to enhance river restoration design and sediment transport modeling.
Extension short courses instructed through SRP Stream Restoration Program : Backyard Stream Repair, RC 101 – Stream Morphology Assessment, RC: 201 – Natural Channel Design Principles, RC 302 – HEC-RAS for Stream Restoration and RC 401 – Stream Restoration Construction and Implementation. On campus courses supported and guest lectured: AES 443 – Environmental Restoration Implementation, BAE 575 – Stormwater Control Measure Design, BAE 584 – Intro to Fluvial Geomorphology.
The objective of SRP is to improve the efficiency, function and quality of watershed and stream restoration in North Carolina by conveying experience, research and experiential findings to students, practitioners and other researchers through journal articles, fact sheets, classes, short courses, workshops and conference presentations.
Hydrologic and Water Quality Performance of Regenerative Stormwater Conveyance Installed to Stabilize an Eroded Outfall
Koryto, K. M., Hunt III, W. F., & Page, J. L. (In Press). Ecological Engineering
Performance of Regenerative Stormwater Conveyance on the Removal of Dissolved Pollutants – A Field Scale Simulation Study
Koryto, K. M., Hunt III, W. F., Arellano, C., & Page, J. L. (In Press). Journal of Environmental Engineering
Evaluation of Alluvial Channel Adjustments and Stream Functions in the North Carolina Piedmont
NC Department of Environmental Quality (10/01/2016 – 04/30/2019)
Functional Assessment of Paired Restored and Unrestored Streams in the North Carolina Piedmont
Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) (7/01/2017 – 7/01/2019)
Implementation of Innovative Grade Controls for Restoring an Incised Urban Channel at Millbrook Exchange Park
Clean Water Management Trust Fund and City of Raleigh (04/27/2017 – 12/31/2019)
Town of Windsor and Cashie River Flood Mitigation Study
Bertie County and Golden Leaf Foundation (7/1/2017 – 12/31/2017)
Biological and Agricultural Engineering
NC State University
NC State University
- Performance of regenerative stormwater conveyance on the removal of dissolved pollutants: Field scale simulation study
- Koryto, K. M., Hunt, W. F., Arellano, C., & Page, J. L. (2018), Journal of Environmental Engineering (New York, N.Y.), 144(6).
- A collaborative approach to voluntary watershed restoration in coastal North Carolina
- Carey, E. S., Page, J. L., Shew, R. D., & Hunt, W. F. (2015), (LID: It Works In All Climates and Soils, ) (pp. 404-410).
- Soils beneath suspended pavements: An opportunity for stormwater control and treatment
- Page, J. L., Winston, R. J., & Hunt, W. F. (2015), Ecological Engineering, 82, 40-48.
- Retrofitting with innovative stormwater control measures: Hydrologic mitigation of impervious cover in the municipal right-of-way
- Page, J. L., Winston, R. J., Mayes, D. B., Perrin, C., & Hunt, W. F. (2015), Journal of Hydrology, 527, 923-932.
- Retrofitting residential streets with stormwater control measures over sandy soils for water quality improvement at the catchment scale
- Page, J. L., Winston, R. J., Mayes, D. B., Perrin, C. A., & Hunt, W. F. (2015), Journal of Environmental Engineering (New York, N.Y.), 141(4).
- Phase II School Campus Stormwater Assessment and Implementation
- US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)(5/01/18 - 12/31/20)
- Jaycee Park Forested Stormwater Wetland Retrofit
- NC Clean Water Management Trust Fund(1/17/18 - 9/30/19)
- Upper Durant Lake Retrofit Alternatives Analysis
- Raleigh, NC(1/19/18 - 6/30/19)
- Flood Abatement for Neuse, Tar, and Lumber Rivers
- NC Department of Transportation(2/01/18 - 6/30/19)
- Evaluation of Nutrient Reduction Crediting Strategies for Stream Restoration
- US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)(10/01/17 - 8/31/18)
- Town of Windsor Flood Reduction Feasibility Study
- Bertie County(6/01/17 - 6/30/18)
- School Campus Stormwater Assessment
- NC Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ)(6/15/17 - 8/31/18)
- Functional Assessment of Paired Restored and Unrestored Streams in the North Carolina Piedmont
- Environmental Defense Fund(7/01/17 - 7/31/18)
- Implementation of Innovative Grade Controls for Restoring an Incised Urban Channel at Millbrook Exchange Park
- Raleigh, NC(4/27/17 - 12/31/19)
- Evaluation of Alluvial Channel Adjustments and Stream Functions in the North Carolina Piedmont
- NC Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ)(10/01/16 - 4/30/19)