- D S Weaver Labs 151
- View CV
The Ohio State University
Ground water, water quality and hydrology
Honors and Awards
- ASABE President's Citation, 2009
- PEI Professional Engineer of the Year, 2010
- BAE Outstanding Teaching Award, 2011
- ASABE Certificate of Appreciation, 2012
- BAE Outstanding Teacher Award, 2015
- Water conservation potential of smart irrigation technologies in the Catawba-Wateree River Basin
- Vick, R. L., Grabow, G. L., Miller, G. L., & Huffman, R. L. (2017), Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, 143(2). https://doi.org/10.1061/(asce)ir.1943-4774.0001130
- Residential irrigation water use in the Central Piedmont of North Carolina. I: Measured use and water requirements
- Nautiyal, M., Grabow, G. L., Huffman, R. L., Miller, G. L., & Bowman, D. (2015), Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, 141(4). https://doi.org/10.1061/(asce)ir.1943-4774.0000819
- Residential irrigation water use in the Central Piedmont of North Carolina. II: Evaluation of smart irrigation technologies
- Nautiyal, M., Grabow, G. L., Huffman, R. L., Miller, G. L., & Bowman, D. (2015), Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, 141(4). https://doi.org/10.1061/(asce)ir.1943-4774.0000820
- Water application efficiency and adequacy of ET-based and soil moisture-based irrigation controllers for turfgrass irrigation
- Grabow, G. L., Ghali, I. E., Huffman, R. L., Miller, G. L., Bowman, D., & Vasanth, A. (2013), Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, 139(2), 113–123. https://doi.org/10.1061/(asce)ir.1943-4774.0000528
- Factors affecting uniformity of irrigation-type manure application systems
- Liu, Z., Grabow, G. L., Huffman, R. L., Osborne, J., & Evans, R. O. (2012), Applied Engineering in Agriculture, 28(1), 43–56.
- Using variability within digital images to improve tall fescue color characterization
- Ghali, I. E., Miller, G. L., Grabow, G. L., & Huffman, R. L. (2012), Crop Science, 52(5), 2365–2374. https://doi.org/10.2135/cropsci2011.10.0553
- Linking plant ecology and long-term hydrology to improve wetland restoration success
- Caldwell, P. V., Vepraskas, M. J., Gregory, J. D., Skaggs, R. W., & Huffman, R. L. (2011), Transactions of the ASABE, 54(6), 2129–2137. https://doi.org/10.13031/2013.40662
- SDI dripline spacing effect on corn and soybean yield in a piedmont clay soil
- Grabow, G. L., Huffman, R. L., & Evans, R. O. (2011), Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, 137(1), 27–36.
- Leaching of nutrients and trace elements from stockpiled turkey litter into soil
- Shah, S. B., Hutchison, K. J., Hesterberg, D. L., Grabow, G. L., Huffman, R. L., Hardy, D. H., & Parsons, J. T. (2009), Journal of Environmental Quality, 38(3), 1053–1065. https://doi.org/10.2134/jeq2007.0639
- Hydrologic models for altered landscapes
- Vepraskas, M. J., Huffman, R. L., & Kreiser, G. S. (2006), Geoderma, 131(3-4), 287–298. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geoderma.2005.03.010
- Water distribution from a subsurface drip irrigation system and dripline spacing effect on cotton yield and water use efficiency in a coastal plain soil
- Grabow, G. L., Huffman, R. L., Evans, R. O., Jordan, D. L., & Nuti, R. C. (2006), Transactions of the ASABE, 49(6), 1823–1835. https://doi.org/10.13031/2013.22303
- Seepage evaluation of older swine lagoons in North Carolina
- Huffman, R. L. (2004), Transactions of the ASAE, 47(5), 1507–1512.
- Impact of pre-1993 swine waste lagoons
- Huffman, R. (1998). , (No. 1998 Apr. 1).
- Spotlighting specifics by combining focus questions with K-W-L
- Huffman, L. E. (1998), Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy, 41(6), 470–472.
- Estimated seepage losses from established swine waste lagoons in the lower coastal plain of North Carolina
- Huffman, R. L., & Westerman, P. W. (1995), Transactions of the ASAE, 38(2), 449.
- Interceptor drains for lagoon seepage capture
- Huffman, R. L., & Feng, J. S. (1993), Paper (American Society of Agricultural Engineers), (93-4018), 8.
- Seepage and electromagnetic terrain conductivity around new swine lagoons
- Huffman, R. L., & Westerman, P. W. (1991), Paper (American Society of Agricultural Engineers), (91-4016), 16.
- Water Use Efficiency of Soil-Water-Sensor-Controlled Irrigation with a Subsurface Drip Irrigation System Contrasted with Center Pivot Irrigation in a Corn-Wheat-Soybean Crop Rotation
- NC Soybean Producers Association, Inc.(3/01/11 - 11/30/14)
- Catawba River Basin Residential Irrigation Water Conservation Study
- Duke Energy Carolinas, LLC (Duke Power)(2/10/09 - 3/31/12)
- Historic Irrigation Water Use and Evaluation of two SMART Irrigation Technologies in the Town of Cary, NC
- Cary, NC(12/01/08 - 5/31/10)
- Multi-scale Analysis of Mechanisms and Impact of Phosphorus Mobilization in Wetland Soils Created from Drained Agricultural Fields
- US Dept. of Agriculture (USDA)(9/01/09 - 8/31/13)
- Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP) Riparian Buffer Monitoring
- NC Dept. of Natural & Cultural Resources formerly NC Dept of Env. & Natural Resources (DENR)(1/01/08 - 8/31/11)
- A Rapid Assessment Tool For Determining Uniformity of Irrigation-Type Animal Waste Land Application Systems
- NC Pork Council(7/01/07 - 9/30/09)
- Methodology to Assess Vegetation, Hydrologic, and Soil Parameters That Affect Wetland Restoration
- NC Department of Transportation(8/01/07 - 6/30/09)
- Comparing Environmental Impacts and Agronomic Performance of a Subsurface Drip Irrigation System and a Traditional Spray System used for Land Application of Animal Waste
- NCSU Animal and Poultry Waste Management Center(7/01/06 - 6/30/09)
- Methodology to Assess Soil, Hydrologic, and Site Parameters that Affect Wet Restoration
- NC Department of Transportation(7/01/03 - 6/30/07)