- This event has passed.
First International Symposium on Precision Systems and Data Analysis in Animal Agriculture
July 17 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Food Animal Initiative presents the 1st International Symposium on Precision Systems and Data Analysis in Animal Agriculture
SEPTEMBER 9-10, 2019
THE STATEVIEW HOTEL, RALEIGH, NC 27606
- Sensing modalities for monitoring production, health and well-being
- Automated data acquisition and analysis
- Animal-Computer interface
- Data visioning and mining
- Digitally Smart farmers
- Achieving Precision Livestock Farming: Role of Big Data Analysis
- Opportunities and Challenges in Training Digital Natives to Farming
- On-body Bio-sensing Modalities for Human Physiology and Disease Monitoring: Scope and Translating the Work for Food Animals
Early bird registration: $125
Student early bird registration: $50
This symposium is responding to an unmet, and growing, research and application need for automation and big data analysis in managing animal health, welfare and production.
It will be a unique, collaborative nexus for professionals from multiple disciplines (animal science, engineering, mathematics and statistics, and biology) to share ideas and foster open dialogue about the advancements in, and issues facing, the use of sensors in animal agriculture.
Sensors and big data mining are two important tools for achieving the goals of “Precision Livestock Farming,” making them important areas of discussion. The venue will be structured to facilitate interaction and discussions between producers and allied industries.