What is the NC LID Certification Program?
The NC LID Certification Program is a rigorous training program comprised of technical and policy-oriented courses pertaining to low impact development. The curriculum is developed jointly by NC State University and NC Dept. of Environment and Natural Resources, Division of Water Quality. The certification indicates that the individual has demonstrated the knowledge, expertise, and skills necessary to properly design, plan, implement, and maintain LID projects in NC. Completing the initial requirements of the program will provide the breadth of knowledge necessary to effectively communicate with other professionals interested and involved in low impact development.
Who is offering the program?
- NC State University Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
- NC Cooperative Extension
- NC Department of Environment and Natural Resources - Division of Water Quality
Who should attend?
- landscape architects
- local government staff
- project and plan review staff
- elected officials
What are the benefits of receiving this certification?
- Gain knowledge, expertise and skills required to implement LID effectively.
- Local and national recognition as certified in LID
- Name, company, and email address posted on the NC LID Group website
- 8”x11” Professional Certificate
- At a cost of $25 , an LID Professional Certification stamp
What do I have to do to receive the certification?
- Complete two required courses (see below). You can either take each class individually or take both courses at one time by signing up for FastTrack.
- Pass the comprehensive NC LID Certification Exam with a score of 75% and above
- Certification is for two years in duration. To maintain your certification, you must pass an online re-certification exam.
- For individuals who are not interested in receiving the LID certification, the exam for this course is optional.
- Introduction to Low Impact Development (Dwane Jones)
- Integrating LID & Policy (Dwane Jones)
LID FastTrack Certification - You may take both required courses together in a rigorous 3-day class called LID FASTTRACK Certification. This format has the following schedule:
Intro Class: 8:30am - 5:00pm on Day 1; 8:30am - 12:30pm on Day 2
Policy Class: 8:30am - 5:00pm on Day 3
The exams for the required courses will be offered online following each course via a learning technology system called Moodle.
**You will need to create your own Moodle account by going to: http://moodle.wolfware.ncsu.edu/). Once you create your account, please email email@example.com so he can add you to the student roster and give you your 'special password'. You will then be ready to take the online exam within a specified time period. Make sure to "save" your work often while you're taking the test.
What are the fees for each course?
Introduction to Low Impact Development:
$175 for private consultants seeking continuing education credits
$150 for gov't employees, nonprofits, and those not seeking continuing education credits
$75 for Real Estate agents and brokers
Integrating LID & Policy:
$150 for private consultants seeking continuing education credits
$125 for gov't employees, nonprofits, and those not seeking continuing education credits
$75 for Real Estate agents and brokers
Registration Fees for 3-day FastTrack are:
$325 for private consultants seeking continuing education credits
$275 for gov't employees, nonprofits, and those not seeking continuing education credits
Real Estate agents and brokers pay $75 per workshop.
NOTE: All fees above include workshop materials and lunch.
The LID Recertification is now offered solely online via Moodle. Once you have registered and paid the fee, instructions and access will be given to you to complete the recertification questionnaire on Moodle. You will have four hours to complete the questionnaire. Questionnaire must be completed in one sitting. Once submitted, the instructor will review the responses and notify the respondent whether answers to questions were acceptable and warrant recertification. Please email Dwane Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org once questionnaire is completed. Recertification is valid for two years. Each student is required to complete and submit the recertification questionnaire online prior to expiration of their certificate.
Note: Questionnaire is accessible anytime after Wednesday, October 24, 2012.Fee: $75 for all categories