EcoStream 2016: Ridgeline to Thalweg - August 22-25 - Asheville, NC
Topics for Abstract Submission
The deadline for oral submissions was March 25, 2016, but the EcoStream 2016 planning committee is still accepting abstracts for poster presentation. To be considered for placement in the program, please go to the link given below to connect to the abstract submittal form. If your abstract is accepted, it will be published in the Conference Proceedings. Abstracts for presentations or posters are invited on the following themes or related topics:
- Watershed Planning to Target Restoration Efforts
- Emerging Technologies
- Long-Term Management of Restoration Efforts
- Innovative Design Approaches
- Performance Assessment
- Innovative Structures
- Nutrient Processing
- Recreation and Aesthetics
- Stormwater Management Trends and Influences on Stream Restoration
- Linking Restoration Goals to Functional Improvement.
- Restoration Outcomes of Stream Mitigation
ABSTRACT FORMAT: When submitting your abstract, please use the Abstract Submittal form online. Please limit your abstract to 300 words or less. No graphics. Before submitting your abstract, please have all the following information ready:
- Name, title, affiliation, full mailing address, email address, phone number of the main contact and the presenting author.
- Abstract Title
- Abstract (300 words or less) NO GRAPHICS
- Presenting author biography
REVIEW: Abstracts should be limited to 300 words in length. Abstracts should communicate clearly and concisely the purpose, findings and results of your topic or study. Abstracts will be reviewed and ranked for acceptance and placement in the program. Papers and posters will be selected for presentation based on their scientific, technical and/or policy merit, currency, and relevance to conference focus. Submissions that are thought-provoking and address ecological function and ecosystem services in stream restoration, monitoring or permitting issues and new areas of application or study are especially welcomed. Abstracts received after the March 25, 2016 deadline may not be accepted.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE/PLACEMENT: Applicants will be notified around June 1, 2016 whether their abstracts have been selected for oral or poster presentation. If the abstract is accepted, the notification will state the oral or poster session to which the abstract is assigned.
The EcoStream Conference Planning Committee is also seeking proposals for Special Sessions. A Special Session will present a relevant and timely subject, with researchers and practitioners discussing their work. Special Sessions will be concurrent oral sessions with three or four presentations per session covering 80 minutes.
Those interested in organizing and moderating a Special Session are requested to submit the information outlined below by March 25, 2016. Submissions must be emailed to email@example.com.
- Title of proposed Special Session
- A description (limited to 300 words) stating the importance of the topic and the rationale for the proposed session
- If it is proposed that the special session cover more than 80 minutes, an explanation of the need for the extended period
- Organizer(s), including brief biography and contact information
- List of potential presenters and proposed titles of abstracts
Approved sessions will need to submit formal abstracts for each of the participants by June 1, 2016.